Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Apr 26, 2004, 3:38 PM   #11

It's a good photo technically, but it truly lacks interest. It's not a loss for two very good reasons: (1) there's the possibility of its rescuing another photo someday as we've been talking about; and (2) you probably learned something from the effort you put into taking this string of photos.

For a while, ask yourself this question when you're aiming your camera: "Why am I taking this picture?" Your answer to the question might make you recompose, or decide you're really onto something, or it might make you just plain give up and go elsewhere. What would you have answered had you asked yourself this question prior to taking these shots? (Mind you, the answer doesn't always have to be something as important as "the human condition." )
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2004, 3:43 PM   #12

well....i was taking this to show the different opacities of the leaves in the bunch to the bottom left....well, how the light shined through the leaves...and how the more leaves the light went through the darker the color got...
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2004, 3:51 PM   #13

So, you see? You had a specific reason for taking the shot, and you accomplished precisely what you set out to do. You did just fine.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2004, 4:12 PM   #14

I like the first phot the best. It is interesting that it looks more like a long exposure under moonlight rather than sunlight. The other comments are all good ones.

Did you intentionally underexpose the shots and/or adjust the white balance to get the dim--slightly bluish appearance. Whatever you did, I like it. Kudos.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2004, 4:29 PM   #15

well...i exposed so that the sun wasn't too bright and overwhelming...and so that you could still see details and the color shade change.....

i think i had the WB on auto....and this is wat it looked like in "real life"....so maybe my screen is different from yours.....or something....lol

thanks barbara....i'll have to remember to ask that question....lol
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote