Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old May 13, 2004, 5:20 AM   #1

I've only seen this with my head under a coat (sun on monitor) so sorry if it lack detail and looks rubbish.

ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 13, 2004, 7:06 AM   #2

Nice one Ferny. I don't see many moths for some reason but we should be getting some butterflies soon. I might have a go myself. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2004, 8:10 AM   #3

He flew out of some plants that were having a soak. That image came out with a very bright purple hue, instead of getting rid of it I turned it B&W.

Here is another. Unfortunately the DOF was too small. I wouldn't have been too bad, but the head is out of focus.

Old May 13, 2004, 10:08 AM   #4

very nice job ferny!!

is that second one with the inverted lens trick? if not i want your camera!! lol

nice shots! it is unfortunate that the head isn't in focus....but that first shot is very nice.....

if you want....you can send me the purple hue-d first shot and i'll try to fix it....
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2004, 4:23 AM   #5

Thanks vito. I had a go myself and did get the moth right by editing the hue levels. But that made the leaves brown to and I couldn't be bothered with messing around too much. The B&W looks better than I could have hoped.

The camera is a PDR-M61, £50 from eBay. So no, no reverse lens trick. He was a big moth though. Those leaves he is sitting on are from "Origanum vulgare Compactum', or Compact Marjoram and they're about 10mm long.

I can e-mail you the original image, a resized one or post a resized one in the digitally modified images forum if you want to have a go. Let me know which you'd prefer, if you want me to e-mail it then send me your address via personal message.
Old May 14, 2004, 9:01 AM   #6

if you want to email it...i'll try....

there is a nice little feature in Photoshop called "variations" which let's you add the opposite of the tinted color....in your case...add yellow and maybe magenta....not sure and it will bring the colors back to how they were...
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote