Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Jun 24, 2004, 1:00 PM   #11

The first one is good, Bloodstrike. It looks metalic. But the second one isn't as nice. There isn't a great deal of texture.

May I ask your set-up?
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2004, 6:01 PM   #12

fantastic shots! Can I ask ferny, how does the reversed lens thing work ? IE fastening lenses and things, are you using masking tape or something in the pic ? Also what camera are you using?

cheers. jim

jimbojetset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2004, 6:52 AM   #13

When I used a reversed lens (an old f1.8 Nikkor E series) on my digital camera (for the pictures I post here) I had to use two rubber bands making sure not to let them lay over the glass. When I switched the camera on or zoomed I held the reversed lens away from the camera because the camera's lens moves in and out. The glass on the lens fitted perfectly onto the camera's lens, I was lucky.
With my 35mm I used masking tape to stick it to the end of the lens. The width of the glass on my 300mm is slightly bigger than the width of the entire 50mm lens, so it was near enough a perfect fit. I have got my film prints back and I got really close. I'll post a link tonight when I scan one in. I got a fair amount of vignetting though and I'm not happy with the colours. I was using a cheap 200 ISO film I found laying about.
I have just bought and am waiting for a 50mm Rokkor lens to arrive. It cost me £15.50 with a Minolta SR-1. Cheaper than any other method of close-up work that I know of. Granted there is more glass for the light to pass through, but I'll accept that for the cost.

Sorry for the late reply. I'll look into the technical side tonight.

[line]But then all they know is how to put you down. When you're there, they're your friend. But then when you're not around. They say, "Oh, she's changed". Oh we know what that means. Well it means they're just jealous. But they'll never do the things. That they wish that they could do so well

ferny is offline   Reply With Quote