Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Jun 21, 2004, 4:24 PM   #11

The flower is a little over bright but I'd venture to say that shadow(Rt. lower) is caused by the leaf above it. My only suggestion would be to stop your flash down a little. I stop mine down to -1.7 most of the time.
You know the leaves and buds look like a camilla but the blossom is so different.
Interesting to about other save for web software because I'm not very happy with PS or PSP.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2004, 9:15 PM   #12

I use the latest version of ACDsee for editing along with photoshop. Ive never found any problems with photobucket. Anyway, Ive had a go at improving this and here it is.

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2004, 10:07 PM   #13

Wow, Julie, you really have a handle on whatever photo editing program you use. That's quite a difference between the two, the latter is a lot better, although seeing it was taken full auto and in the dark, I honestly didn't think the first one was that bad myself. This reminds me of the restored pictures you posted the other day, which were also very good. One of these days I'll get my head around photoshop and how it works;right now Iend up using Arcsoft most of the time simply because I know it better than Photoshop. Good job!
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2004, 10:58 PM   #14

Thanks Guitarman, I tend to use the very basics in Photoshop. the funny thing is that up until about 6 months ago I was pretty anti any editing programme.

Guess you could say just afraid of something new. Sort of like when i first tried out internet.

All I ever did with my photos was auto correct and sharpen on ACDsee. My hubby is the computer buff in the house and he would play around with all sorts of programmes, I was not really interested in seeing what he was doing. Then two things happened, I joined a camera club in town that meets once a month and hold in club and state competitions and I also found "Steves digicams":-). I ended up just sitting down one day alone and going through all the graphics stuff hubs had on the computer, Im still learning. My biggest problem is thatI HATE reading directions (thats what hubs is for) and I get frustrated if I cant work something outbut I have to say that Ive learned to be more paitent. I thinkIve more or lessmastered the Black magic restoration programme but have a lot more to learn in photoshop.
Old Jun 21, 2004, 11:00 PM   #15

PS, Ive never used arcsoft, is it a better programme???
Old Jun 21, 2004, 11:43 PM   #16

I have arc soft and PS is way better IMHO. Where did you get the ACDsee as I'm not happy with saving for web features.

I like the second one much better and think it will make a lovely card for your friend. In the future pay attention to little things like the leaf (brown) under the flower and I have a preference for flowers without bugs, unless it's a picture of a'bug' on a flower. (warning - this is my personal preference.)I don't know what the first guy was talking about as far asquality of picture. I see no jpgs and red is whereI get those, big time, all the edges are crisp ( as crisp as this size picture can get).

Looked up ACDsee and will try the 'try' version and see if I can deal with the save for web connundrum I seem to be having.

Suzan

ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 12:40 AM   #17

There are two or three different ArcSoft programs, I think. I have ArcSoft Photo Studio 2000, which came in the software bundle with my HP computer. It's way less a program than photoshop, but I'm used to it, so I still tend to favor it for quick editing. If I ever learn my way around photoshop I'm sure I'll like it better.... I know photoshop does a lot more than the ArcSoft program does, as far as options.
Guitarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 12:54 AM   #18

I think I got ACDsee on a cd disk with a digital camera magazine.

LOOK NO BUGS

Old Jun 22, 2004, 4:33 AM   #19

What an improvement Julie! Not that the first was bad, it wasn't. But when you put the two side-by-side it shows. Well done.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote