Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Jul 15, 2004, 3:55 PM   #1

Here's a new flower in my garden this year. I decided to plant these because they are perennials and don't go away on me once it gets hot like the typical primroses you'll buy from the nurseries.

geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2004, 8:19 PM   #2

i liked the 2nd pic...real good Dof control..

regards
andre christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2004, 8:23 PM   #3

Thanks, Andre!

Your recent postings have been great. I think that you have become the king of good macro shots! How do you get the insects to pose for you the way they do? They are not at all cooperative for me!
Old Jul 15, 2004, 8:50 PM   #4

to tell you the truth, i don't no for sure maybe i was in a perfect lucky time and good patiency to shot some macro....maybe you should practice...in 1st with flies,they don't seem really annoying to shot just close gently don't make a fast move & wallah they became your models..he3.

in 2nd try to captured a dragonfly,...they usually stand in a wood or stick & something like that

in 3rd try captured a butterfly, they seem very attract to flowers & when they stop by, its seem your lucky macro shot...& they usually back to the place they landing, so if the butterfly go away just wait a more couple minutes & hope they would come back...

and then try to captured a bee & wasp,...fuh...they don't cooperate, they seems enjoying wondering around in a group of flowers in the field...this is the good news for you...they always back to the place they usually visit,...just patience...

& the others beetle, grasshopper, ants,..for me like in the middle of dragonfly & butterfly in captured those things...

so far i'm still learn to captured beautiful close-up photo,...try to captured they do not just try to captured in great details, you know what i meant.
btw you could see my gallery in indonesia http://angel9.fotografer.or.id
please stop by...

btw thanks geoffs.
regards
Old Jul 15, 2004, 8:52 PM   #5

Andre, the way in which you describe going after the insects makes me think that you aren't even using a tripod! I hope I'm wrong because to get the crystal clear shots you are getting by handholding the camera would mean that you are Superman!!! :-)
Old Jul 15, 2004, 8:58 PM   #6

:lol: if i captured those guys with my tripod...i even can't catch even only some could say those tails...he3..yup do with handheld...

regards
Old Jul 15, 2004, 9:00 PM   #7

That is just amazing that you are doing those handheld! I try but my body sways just a tiny bit trying to hold steady so closeup to the subject and that is enough to blow the focus. You've just gotta be a magician!
Old Jul 15, 2004, 9:03 PM   #8

Well, Andre, I just went up and looked at your gallery. You have many wonderful pictures displayed. I couldn't look at the fullsize shots because the site you have them on wants me to login and I didn't want to create an account, but what I could see as thumbnails were wonderful.

So, I think you are putting us on, Andre. You're a professional, aren't you? (Please say you are...)
Old Jul 15, 2004, 9:06 PM   #9

no i'm not that good, i'm just trying to learn,...btw you use your both hands do you?...set the shutter speed don't go below 1/100 if you can...if you do 1/60 just hold your breath...hopefully they in great focus..

regards
Old Jul 15, 2004, 9:08 PM   #10

I must have Parkinson's disease or something - I just can't hold that still.

If your pictures are just the result of trying to learn, then you've got a great future ahead of you. Congratulations - you are good!