Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Jul 17, 2004, 7:37 PM   #1

I got a Nikon Coolpix 5200 for my birthday a few days ago. I've been messing around with it, but earlier today I took tons of macro pictures trying to get interesting results. I thought this one came out quite well, although I could probably get it to look better if I spent a little time adjusting it.

As to what the image is, they are "Micro Machines" cars. When I was a kid, they had a series that would come in packs of three cars. The first was bigger than a matchbox car. The second was a standard micromachines car. The third was a very tiny car (the ones you see in the picture). Each car would fit inside the bigger one, like Russian Matryoshka dolls.

I would have liked to have more controll over the shot, but it's a cool pictures for a point-and-shoot camera.
Attached Images

MBCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2004, 1:27 PM   #2

What do you do with the cars? like push them about with yours finger or are they somehow (doubt it) remote controlled?
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2004, 6:17 PM   #3

I've only kept them because they're tiny. I've always had a bit of a facination with tiny things. The little wheels are on axels so you can push them and they roll (but not too well). Other than that they are basically solid plastic (not that there is much room for anything in there in something that was mass produced maybe 10 years ago).
MBCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2004, 10:43 AM   #4

Those are Micro Machines. I used to have TONS of them. Do you all remember the commercials on tv, with the guythat talked like 500 words a minute. Those were the days. :?
billy is offline   Reply With Quote