Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Aug 31, 2004, 10:34 AM   #1

Hope you like them, any comments are welcome.

Attached Images

choeschen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2004, 4:32 PM   #2

I'm a major softie when it comes to flower photos. Ilike most of what I see from others as well as those thatI take for myself also. One thing I have learned to do is to seek out the most photogenic flowers from among those available, that is unless the intended theme is "spent" flowers, beyond their prime. I see this in most of your shots with the lone exception being the red rose which will be prime in a day or two.

I like your composition in the first shot in particular and works the best because all of the blooms are in the same state of their cycle. Slightly spent, but still attractive. I don't know what your exeperience level is with flower shots but I think that the more you shoot them, the more particular you will become in which to shoot at all. I have several thousand flower shots and many should just be discarded because I just keep going right past them, ever to print or post.

Bottom line is, I think, they all have their place. Yours are clear and varied. I'm certainly no expert but I do like them regardless of all the other "opinions" I've entered here. Keep it up....