Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Oct 15, 2004, 7:02 AM   #1

I sold my S5000 for something a bit more portable. I have missed some great pictures lately because I did not want to lug that big camera around with me. So far I am pleased with my new A75. I really like being able to control compression unlike on the Fuji.
Attached Images

Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2004, 11:29 PM   #2

WOW! Great macro...R u using Canon A75? I wonder how close can that cam can get...can u post another pic using its full macro...I want to compare it with my Nikon 3200.... I think A75 is far Great than my 3200...i just cant buy that here coz its outta stock so i chose 3200....

Post more please!

Great Shot!:|
Attached Images

BLAZEPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 2:53 PM   #3
kex

hello, nice macro!

BLAZEPSI: as far as I know the A75 can get as close as 2 inches (5cm) for macro shots. at least that's what my A60 can do and I guess there's no big difference between those two cams expect the resolution.

kex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 7:11 PM   #4

Not completly true. the A75 has 9 point auto focus and the A60 has 5 point. It also has a few other minor features the A60 does not. Here a couple more close ups.

Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:01 PM   #5

WOW! That was really Close...That Cam is really great!... I' just $50 short to buy that camera..But i'm really Satisfied with my cam too. i think one step hinger than yours by the macro. 3200 can focus at 4cm (1.6N). theres no big difference anyway.. A75 has a lot of full features than mine...the feature that i like the most on 3200 is the multi 16 shot...16 shots in one frame.

Can You guyz check out my shots, can you comment please! http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=7
Old Oct 20, 2004, 9:21 AM   #6
kex

Goofas wrote:
Quote:
Not completly true. the A75 has 9 point auto focus and the A60 has 5 point. It also has a few other minor features the A60 does not. Here a couple more close ups.

Yeah right, the 9 point auto focus is something the A60 does not have. but who uses the x-point focus at all?
It often focuses on things which I don't want to focus on and I turned it off the second day I got my A60 and use the centered box to focus on something. It works much better.

Here's a macro shot of my A60 (cropped):

Old Oct 20, 2004, 1:43 PM   #7

GREAT SHOT!..sharp focus!..i think its easy to focus A60 or A75 coz it has manual Focus....I like it too! wish i could shot like that! i'll practice!

So the 5 or 9 point focus feature of this cameras is unusable... whats the porpuse of the 5,9 ponit focus anyway? Sorry, just a Novice user...
Old Oct 26, 2004, 11:44 AM   #8
kex

BLAZEPSI wrote:
Quote:
GREAT SHOT!..sharp focus!..i think its easy to focus A60 or A75 coz it has manual Focus....I like it too! wish i could shot like that! i'll practice!

So the 5 or 9 point focus feature of this cameras is unusable... whats the porpuse of the 5,9 ponit focus anyway? Sorry, just a Novice user...

thanks and sorry for the late answer.
I actually did not focus manaully in these shots, but used the macro mode without the AiAF (5/9 point focus)
AiAF (artificial auto focus) is meant to focus on things the photographer might want to have in focus, sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't. That's what I experienced, especially in bad light conditions.
So actually, I'm asking myself the same question as you: What is it good for? Don't ask me. :lol: