Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Dec 3, 2004, 10:43 AM   #1

This plant foldsits leaves when touched. Also called Shy grassThey're commonplace in these parts but I never realized until now that their flowers look nice on close-up. Taken in my backyard with a Canon S1 IS.
Attached Images

Oculus Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2004, 10:51 AM   #2

Another view
Attached Images

Old Dec 3, 2004, 9:12 PM   #3

Great shots this plant is quite common over ther in the RP. Whenever I'm there, I like to "tease" them, touch one leaf and everyone on the whole plant folds up.

By the way, how did you guys fair out with the two typhones comming through? From the reports we hear in the states, it sounds like there was damage and flooding all the way from Legazpi to Baguio and beyond. My hopes are that all is well with you your family and friends.

Regards

Terry
tleonhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2004, 1:30 AM   #4

Yes, the first typhoon really left a huge swath of damage mostly in Quezon province with lots of lives lost due to flash floods and extensive damage to property and crops. The government blames the flash floods on the rampant illegal logging in the area which has denuded the forest cover. The second typhoon which was supposed to be stronger miraculously didn't leave that much damage and left the area almost immediately after it arrived. Batangas province where I'm from wasn't hit that hard. Thanks for your concern.