Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Dec 30, 2004, 3:14 PM   #1

I just got my new FZ20so I thought I would share some of my first pics. Thanks for looking!

Attached Images

reefrelated is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2004, 3:15 PM   #2

Another
Attached Images

Old Dec 30, 2004, 4:17 PM   #3

wow, great colors. could you give us some details about the technical adjustments. (sorry myenglish is not the best).

Roy
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 4:27 PM   #4

Wow. I agree, just stunning photos. I love the second one. The focus was just right for it.
Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 5:45 PM   #5

I don't remember exactly (I don't have my camera with me at the moment). It was set on the lowest f-stop number that the FZ20 has and it was seton aperture priority. I am very new at all the technical photography stuff. I havebeen taking aquarium pictures for about 2 years butit was basically point and shoot until now. I just got an FZ20 so I am really interested in taking professional looking photos.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 5:59 PM   #6

Wow, those are great pictures. You must've gotten some good lighting on that tank to be able to take them with good shuttle speed.
smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2004, 8:09 PM   #7

Yes that does make a huge difference. I have 1400 watts of light that includes three 250 watt metal halide bulbs. The rest are VHO fluorescent bulbs. I actually have to tone some of the pictures down because they appear too bright. Maybe you can help, are there any other settings I can use to make the pictures come out darker. The pictures above look good but I have a lot that look too bright. Well here you go, take a look at this one. I get a lot that look like this. Any suggestions?

Roy, Here's my settings f2.8,ISO 80, aperture priority, no flash. Did I miss anything?

Attached Images

Old Dec 31, 2004, 2:00 AM   #8

No that´s fine. I hope you show usmore shots. :-)

Roy
Roy Munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2005, 9:39 PM   #9

reefrelated wrote:
Quote:
Maybe you can help, are there any other settings I can use to make the pictures come out darker. The pictures above look good but I have a lot that look too bright. Well here you go, take a look at this one. I get a lot that look like this. Any suggestions?
Try playing with the exposure button, -2/3EV could be enough for getting pictures similiar to your post-processed shots....all digital cameras tend to overexpose a little the images....so, it's always necessary to down just a bit the exposure level...I also have an FZ20 and I set -2/3EV mostly for outdoor shots.

On the other side, both shots are awesome, but the second one is simply breathtaking....great job.....keep posting.

Regards,

fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2005, 1:15 AM   #10

Wow, what vivid color.

The mixing of different types of light halide / VFO's florescent may cause some troubles because of the different color temperatures of each kind of light. The camera may have troubles getting to a good white balance. Not sure if turning one or the other off when taking pictures would help.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote