Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Apr 17, 2005, 9:45 PM   #1

Something other than the regular macros like flowers and what not?

Here are a few pics of one of my current hobbies,Diecast collecting.:-):-)

Striderxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:37 PM   #2

well, i have taken some pics of one of my previous hobbies... i used to be into constructing military miniatures - plastic model kits. don't do it anymore, because my eyesight started to go south on me in my mid-40's, and it's just too hard to see to do the fine detail work anymore. here are a couple of shots of one of thelastminiatures i built... it's a 1940 vintage German light tank.

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 12:21 AM   #3

I collect Transformers, which is obvious with this picture. I don't have the proper lighting yet and I'm still learning.
Attached Images

alphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 7:36 AM   #4

well here is my indoor lighting set up for macro.I do alot of macro shots of cars and other diecast and am trying to try some other stuff too.

Charlie

Old Apr 19, 2005, 4:42 AM   #5

Been at the trains for about 30 years now.. Not exactly a closeup but as close as I could get with my then (and sometimes still) digital camera..

Jeff
:G
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 1:40 AM   #6

What a nice idea for a topic...

I like old stuff (no bad thing given the direction I'm heading!). I particularly like old stuff with lots of character. It's ahobby that gets me trawling car boots sales.

Herewith something for you Jeff, that I also like very much. It's anoil applicator & has 'Birmingham' written on it somewhere - it was probably used at some Birmingham rail depot.

I found this very difficult to photograph, (& did so very badly), but I think it's nice enough in itself to include anyway.

Charlie, thank you forillustrating your macro lighting set up. It was very interesting to see (& I like the cars!)

Canna.
Attached Images

Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 12:09 PM   #7

Canna,
I don't think there's a thing wrong with your photo.. It could easily be a product shot in some catalog.. Here in the USA, people pay a LOT of money for items like that oiler..

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 3:36 PM   #8

Charlie - Who makes the light box you have in your photo? That is really a neat set up.

Larry
Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2005, 7:16 PM   #9

Canna your pic is great.Love old things,just have to many hobbies and not enough moneyto do everything I would like too,LOL.

My wife got me the lights and the tent for christmas.

Phototek makes the tent and it goes for $85 at B&H Photo.

Photek's digital Lighthouse is a color-corrected, translucent cloth material housing for photographing small and medium products that can be lit with daylight, HMI, electronic flash, fluorescent quartz and tungsten light sources.

The Digital Lighthouse can be lit from the sides, top, back, front or can be placed on a shooting table for bottom illumination. It also includes a removable Black Sweep that aids in preventing shadows on the background and provides complete separation from the item being photographed. It contains a removable plastic base, forming a rigid base for ease of product placement.

Key Features

Lighting is made simple and efficient and takes less time then conventional lighting solutions.

Complete portability in design with one-touch set up and breakdown.

Full zipper front and zipper on top panel for digital camera lens positioning.

Front panel peels back on all three sides for ease of positioning products inside.

Old Apr 24, 2005, 9:04 PM   #10

Well, we have a tendency to pick up Petoskey stones on our beach in front of our cottage. Guess it could be called ahobby. ~Dee~

Attached Images

deidre624 is offline   Reply With Quote