Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Jun 25, 2005, 7:32 PM   #1

I have a Canon Power Shot A60. Yes, I know it's a toy but I've had moderate success taking close up photos of my husband's watch collection in Macro mode. He is desperate for more! My problem is consistency. I think I have the lighting, settings and modes figured out for a nice clean closeup and then it doesn't work the second time. Can anyone give me some basics with a digital in macro mode? Here is an example of one of my attempts. (also: How do I include more than one photo?)
Attached Images

jsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 26, 2005, 7:49 AM   #2

Just a few suggestions, Tripod a must, shutter release button, (if you can't have one on this camera use the timer setting) Play with lighting and shadows, Angles, DOF ....background is as important as the subject, Practice, practice Practice have fun ..Dale www.pbase.com/cowboy43
cowboy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 11:18 AM   #3

Not sure about multiple images using the attachment feature. You may have to make a post per image using that method or do like me and place your images on your ISP and link to them so you can have many images in one post like below. Not exaclty a Rolex. Also depending on what lighting, tripod is not a must nor a shutter release. This is handheld.

Reduction from original size

Reduced Crop

Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2005, 12:24 PM   #4

It is a really NICE watch though! Thanks for the reply, I can invest in a tripod but my camera won't accomodate a shutter release button I don't think. What kind of camera did you use? And how did you get THAT close?
Old Jun 26, 2005, 12:25 PM   #5

Thanks cowboy. I intend to get a tripod since my grip has already proved unstable at best. I'll keep practicing!
Old Jun 26, 2005, 12:52 PM   #6

There is an adapter that will allow you to hook up a shutter release also you camera proabably has either an option for a wireless remote control or a wired one.

That picture was taken with a 20D and Sigma EX 105mm.
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote