Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Jun 28, 2005, 10:59 PM   #1

this was even nicer in person. hopefully you can see it. I can when I look at the preview so i if you cant i dont know what is wrong
joshwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2005, 11:30 PM   #2

To view this pic, please right click on the red "X" and click Properties, Where is says "Address/URL" Copy and paste the URL into your web browsers Address bar, and hit Enter or the Go button, and it will bring up the image.

-Travis-
tswen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 3:51 AM   #3

Josh, where are your images stored ?

Are they on your hard drive, an image hosting site ?

If they are on an image hosting site, as I suspect they are, do you have direct linking switched on ? Is this allowed from the site ?

How do you actually enter the images into your post here at Steve's ?

Give us some answers and we'll try to help.

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 7:26 AM   #4

They are all stored on a Google blog. But I am wondering now if the problem is that I have been using Mozilla firefox?? I just updated this post with IE so let me know if anything changed. As far as posting from my hosting site, I dont think that that should be a prob, but I could be wrong.

thanks,

josh
Old Jun 29, 2005, 8:41 AM   #5

joshwhite wrote:
Quote:
They are all stored on a Google blog. But I am wondering now if the problem is that I have been using Mozilla firefox?? I just updated this post with IE so let me know if anything changed. As far as posting from my hosting site, I dont think that that should be a prob, but I could be wrong.

thanks,

josh
I use firefox as well but it does not seem to effect my posts. I have not seen anyone claiming my images are not showing up. Are you clicking the insert image button above and then typing in the location or are you entering it manually?
Widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 10:44 AM   #6

Hi Josh.

I can now see your image.

I think the problem lies in the fact that there are two different ways to insert an image for IE and Firefox.

With IE, you just need to copy the URL, then click on 'Insert Image', that's the three coloured balls, then paste the url into the box that appears.

With Firefox, I believe you copy the URL, click on Insert Image and then in the preview pane, no box appears, you click in the middle of the two back to back square brackets. So it will look like this.........[img]YOUR URL HERE [/img].

Obviously you now know the IE method, this is just for reference if/when you use Firefox again.

Now to the point.......A very nice Lilly, almost looks on fire in the middle !!
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2005, 3:00 PM   #7

Stevekin wrote:
Quote:

With Firefox, I believe you copy the URL, click on Insert Image and then in the preview pane, no box appears, you click in the middle of the two back to back square brackets. So it will look like this.........[img]YOUR URL HERE [/img].
Unless he is using an older version of firefox I don't think thats the problem. I use firefox and insert by clicking the insert image icon and then pasting my url into the box that comes up, same as IE.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 5:36 PM   #8

Well I think that it was firefox in my case, because I just reposted this pic from IE and it seems that everyone can see it now. So from here on out I'll just use IE.
josh

Old Jun 29, 2005, 5:47 PM   #9

What version of firefox were you using? I'm using 1.04 and theres no problems with posting.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 11:31 PM   #10

i am using the same version, but for some reason that is the problem. Although I have been having some trouble with my firefox. I have even tried to delete it and re-install it but no change same stuff, crazy pop ups and extra windows not sure what is up. I have run all types of spyware programs and stuff but nothing. But thats ok all I care is that I am able to post with no probs now.
josh