Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Nov 13, 2005, 12:12 PM   #11

Widowmaker wrote:
Quote:
Yes those shots are intentionally dark. Since the formation created from the drop is actually the subject, I prefer that to be the most dominate subject in the shot rather than the ripples etc. To many ripples and the wrong angle and the formation gets lost as it does in your first three shots.

I much prefer cleaner shots, like the last, where the water formation and ripples are not over active.
Of course it's down to yourself to decide how your pictures are meant to look like.

What many forget when it comes to photography, is that there's no right or wrong, just opinions. I appreciate your opinions, as well as I hope you appreciate mine, but that doesn't make mine/yours more valid.

I learnt something from this photographic session, and had a good time. This, is by my own humble opinion what matters the most when it comes to photography as a hobby/art form.
Particle_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:48 AM   #12

I found this site and it was very intresting

http://www.liquidsculpture.com/index.htm
mhelm7969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 4:06 PM   #13

I like these shots. I've done a few of these myself (well, I've done quite a lot, but only a few worth keeping!) so I know how incredibly difficult they are. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing more when you've got your new lighting setup.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote