Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old Apr 1, 2006, 9:16 PM   #1

Nikon N80 witn Tamron 28-300 Macro, using Kodak 400CN film. For this shot, I dialed the flash way down. The effect is quite subdued, but I like it.

Comments are welcome.

Cheers,

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://tomoverton.myphotoalbum.com
Attached Images

Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2006, 12:35 AM   #2

Wow, a film camera! We don't see very many of those these days. Nice photo. Did you develop the film yourself? Thanks.
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 8:02 AM   #3

Tullio wrote:
Quote:
Wow, a film camera! We don't see very many of those these days. Nice photo. Did you develop the film yourself? Thanks.
I don't develop my own film... yet. I'm planning to take a course in the near future to open that door for me.I have a vague memory of doing some darkroom work in high school, but that was a looonnngg time ago.

As for film cameras, don't give up on them quite yet. You can get professional level film bodies very cheaply these days, and in many cases if you havea DSLR, you can use the lenses that go along with your digital. I recently went from digital to film, and I have to say that I am so excited to use this wonderful camera.

Thanks for the comments.

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://tomoverton.myphotoalbum.com

Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 10:44 AM   #4

I still have my film cameras (Pentax ME Super and Ricoh KR-10 Super) and many lenses and filtersthat go with it. I haven't transitioned to a DSLR yet. I have the Canon S2 and Sony H1 plus a couple of more compact cameras (Pana LZ2 and Kodak DX6440). I love digital photography for its giving me the opportunity to explore a new world w/o the high cost of films. Yesterday for instance, I took about 45 shots of birds with a Tele converter lens. Only 5 were decent. Can you imagine how much this exercise would have cost me had I used film??
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:44 PM   #5

True that is the downside of film but they are still here to stay. Regards. Jaki
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote