Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:20 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
squirl033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,696
Default

took this mainly as a test, and was pleasantly surprised by the results... shot with Canon 30D and Sigma 80-400mm lens at 400mm, f14 @ 1/100 sec, hand held! the image stabilizer in this lens really works!!


Attached Images
 
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 5, 2006, 1:53 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
pj1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 2,914
Default

Squirl033,

It's convincing to me that it works, you've done well in the purchase combination! Both the lens and camera work well together, but of course most importantly is the photographER! And I like your photo, it's GREAT! Well done! Great composition, colour, clarity, sharpness etc.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 3:54 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Striderxl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 300
Default

Very cool pic.I am going to be getting a canon 28-135 IS and hope that it will be the 1st of several IS lenses,and your pic sure helps that cause.





Charlie
Striderxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 5:22 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
kenmck15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,568
Default

amazing shot.

hey when did you get a 30D. i thought u had a fz20

ken


kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2006, 6:25 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Aumma45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,940
Default

It works. Lovely. Jaki
Aumma45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2006, 12:33 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
squirl033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,696
Default

kenmck15 wrote:
Quote:
amazing shot.

hey when did you get a 30D. i thought u had a fz20

ken

Ken,

i got the 30D about a week ago, and i've been posting shots taken with it pretty steadily ever since!i really like the camera, and am having a blast with it. still have the FZ20, and won't get rid of that, it's too good a camera to abandon even for a DSLR, but considering the capbilities of the 30D, i do fear my trusty FZ20 won't see near as much use now...




squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2006, 12:42 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
kenmck15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,568
Default

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
kenmck15 wrote:
Quote:
amazing shot.
hey when did you get a 30D. i thought u had a fz20
ken
Ken,
i got the 30D about a week ago, and i've been posting shots taken with it pretty steadily ever since!i really like the camera, and am having a blast with it. still have the FZ20, and won't get rid of that, it's too good a camera to abandon even for a DSLR, but considering the capbilities of the 30D, i do fear my trusty FZ20 won't see near as much use now...

I bet mate, wooow 30D. i played with a 20D and i love it. i think tht wil be my next cam. alot of money though. Oww well al the best with ya new toy and a beta keep posting in this forrum



cheers

ken


kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2006, 4:58 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
pj1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 2,914
Default

Striderxl wrote:
Quote:
Very cool pic.I am going to be getting a canon 28-135 IS and hope that it will be the 1st of several IS lenses,and your pic sure helps that cause.


Charlie
Charlie, I've got the Canon 28-135 IS lens, and I love it. Great as a walk around for me. And the IS helps for about 2 stops worth. Hope you'll get a good copy.

Paul
pj1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:37 PM.