Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Close-ups

Old May 23, 2006, 8:13 PM   #1
Log

still sort of limited... dont have my D50 in hands yet... still just my dx6490... not much done besides resizing... so... what do you think... be blunt!:-)

Logan

this one lost some detail in resizing... it looks a little sharper (in the center (yellow))full size...
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 24, 2006, 8:48 AM   #2

Hi, Logan!
I'd prefer the last one. It seems you wanted to discover more of the virtues of a shallow DOF at the largest aperture of 2.8 your camera allows. Yet it somehow seems to be out of focus. At least some parts of the daisy shoud have been so sharp that it could not be achieved with a smaller aperture which on the other hand allows an extended DOF. Yet It seems it is not any better at 3.2. I'd recommend you to turn off the intelligent auto multi point focus and rely on central or (MF) manuel focus feature of your camera. Besides, selecting the central weighted or spot metering instead of evaluative or pattern as metering mode would result in a significantly more decent exposure with your images. Ah, another point to consider is both the first and the last photos are shot at an exposure time of 1/30 which is not very advisable for handheld shots.
Blunt enough? Or there's the 'harsh mode':G
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 2:56 PM   #3
Log

all constructive criticism is thanked bahadir...
Old May 24, 2006, 7:19 PM   #4
Log

i know... still not the best photo... or the sharp focus for that matter... was just playing with lighting effects in PS... comments?
Old May 27, 2006, 3:05 PM   #5

Dreamy..with attractive capitulum. One ceases looking for sharpness with this one. I feel you are on the right path to elysia! Maybe you should work on bigger portions or full scale.
bahadir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2006, 10:21 PM   #6
Log

hoping to get better macro performance from my d50... which my friend is bringing from DC (bought it at the base (no tax)) so should be here in 2 weeks... shes paying a visit