Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Color Laser Printers

Old Sep 25, 2006, 2:31 AM   #1

Hi

Can anyone help me find a colour A4laser printer. I need a printer that will print on to 300gsm + . The printer must have good print quality.I've search every where.I have a bugdet of around£400. please help

Cheers
SKYGAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:45 AM   #2

The key point is low down printing speed by setting suitable paper type. It is possible to avoid paper jam and improve color saturation. But, the potential risk is heating stress is possible to melt-down coating material during printing.

Youmay test by yourself. Suggest you bring your paper and testing image to printer's distributors and test their demonstration sets.

Norman
kolorwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2007, 4:47 AM   #3

Hi there SkyGaz,

I am going out of my mind trying to find a laser printer which will print onto 300gsm.

My budget is also about £400 although I'm starting to go crazy with frustration and I could probably justify spending more than that.

Did you ever find a suitable printer?

Cheers, Jon
jontimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2007, 6:29 PM   #4

Hi Jon,

I'm affraid I didn't find one. The closest I came was a xerox machine on ebaybut this used hard ink and was told the imagewould scratch off. Thiswould be no good for the type of workI'm producing. If I have any luck in the future I'll let you know straight away. I knowthere are some machines out there, but my hand wont go all the way down to the bottom off my pocket.

Cheers

Gaz

SKYGAZ is offline   Reply With Quote