Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Color Laser Printers

Old Nov 20, 2006, 2:39 PM   #1

First, sorry for my poor English. I live in Europe (Macedonia) and I have in plan to buy color laser printrer for small bussines use. (Printing a flayer's catalogues, bussines cards, sometimes photos but not high end quality... on A4 paper up to 2000 prints per month (maximum). From all reviews I have read, I think about Dell 3100 or HP 2600. I have some questions
1. Did Dell and HP came with FULL toner Pack. I heard that HP has so called "starter kit" with only half toner full
2. In the specs (for Dell) says that the toner can manage 4000 copies with 5% coverage. Is it for only one toner for example can I make 4000 copiies with 5% Cyan + 5% Mangeta + 5% Yellow + 5% black or total 20% color coverage?
3. In your's opinion, what is the better solution for me Dell 3100 or HP2600
In my countru I do not have a lot of choice (There are no dealer for OKI, MINOLTA Xerox...) I only have HP, Dell, perhaps Epson and Lexmark so if you can help mi with some sugestions.
Thanks a lot!
spuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 20, 2006, 7:22 PM   #2

hey mate if i was you i would look for something that can be remanufacture as it will save you alot of money i am one of the top remanufactures in my company which has over 1300 stores world wide if you get it done by someone who knows what they are doing it will cut your business cost down

the hp 2600 colour cartridges run 2000pages at 5 % covergae which is standard text and if its for a busines i imagine you will be printing logos and bold writting so that will drop it down by maybe half and your black in that will do 2500 pages so it will be the same

a samsung clp500/550 would be a good option they print 7000 pages at 5% on your black and 5000 pages at 5% for each colour and cost wise you will be better of and they are easy to remanufacture so even if you take it some where taht knows little they cant mess it up as its as easy as poaring it in and changing a fuse hope that help you
rob@cwld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 12:37 AM   #3

As you mention "starter kit" with only half toner full, that is HP CLJ 1600. 1600 and 2600n (full toner) are same beside network connection.

HP 2600n has only 16MB memory capacity. Is it enough? Alternative is HP CLJ 2605 offers 64MB and PostScript printing language. The list price of 2605 (USB only) is same as 2600n. The order number of both also is same that means same print engine.

Norman Chen
kolorwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2006, 3:56 AM   #4

I would get everything in colour such as business cards and catalogues done by a professional printer. Pricelists and small numbers of flyers you can do with a mono laser (maybe use coloured paper for flyers). Buy a cheap bubble-jet if you want to print occasional one-off photos.
You'll spend less in the long run this way and you'll get better results.
jacks is offline   Reply With Quote