Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Color Laser Printers

Old Jan 25, 2007, 9:05 AM   #1

hi,

i keep getting two parallel lines on my paper after printing and am not sure what they are.

could you please help?

mikey121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 4, 2007, 11:45 AM   #2

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. First try cleaning the OPC cartridge. I have a 6100 and there is a wire with a slide cleaner on it, yours may be the same. You simply pinch and slide it back and forth a few times to clean. Next try cleaning the laser lens with a dry unabrasive cloth. Next the developer roller may be dirty, it's easier to replace it as it's not as expensive as the OPC cartridge. The developer drum may need cleaning. I use a dry cloth and go side to side using a little alchohol on the cloth. It will evaporate quickly. Before you do any of this though take your toner cartridges out and rock them side to side and then put them back in, this sometimes is the problem if you don't use it frequently. Make sure your toner waste is empty. A color laser needs frequent attention in respect to preventative maintenance. Make sure your printer is on a level surface, it doesn't take much to throw things out of whack. But back to the immediate question it sounds like the opc cartridge is either dirty or needs replacing.
esharri is offline   Reply With Quote