Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Color Laser Printers

Old Apr 24, 2005, 6:15 PM   #1

Problems with quality printing Minolta Magicolor 2300DL. There is too much red or redish on skin when printing

I am trying to find out how I can fix this problem.:?

Can any one help me?:sad:

elcubano62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 25, 2005, 12:40 AM   #2

Does this more red printing quality refer to comparison result with monitor display or inkject printing? Is it happening for skin portion only or everywhere of red image?

If it is only for skin and comparison with the other display or printing, suggest you to check your monitor or the other printer!

If it happens everywhere for red image, suggest calibrate your 2300DL. Look for the icon in the printer function box about "color calibration"or"color balance". You can adjust C/M/Y/K colors individually. Decreasing M (Magenta) and Y (Yellow)! Red color is combination with magenta and yellow together.

My experience is same image printed by EPSON C1900 (same printer engine with 2300DL) and HP 2550L. The printing image of HP 2550L is redder. But, it is only a little bit.
kolorwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 10:13 AM   #3

On my Magicolour 2300 I turn colour matching off (in the quality tab) and get a pretty good print from photoshop. However, my monitor has been adjusted for gamma.
spjessop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 3:00 PM   #4

fwiw I need to turn on color matching on mine to get better color, otherwise there's too much red! So far I've found HP Premium Laser Paper (32lb) to be the bestand locally available; tried the glossy laser paper and toner wouldn't fuse with the paper. (my monitor is not calibrated, but color matching is close to my Epson RX500 output, which is good enough for me) What other paper stock are you guys using?

imo great printer for quick and cheap work prints; framed 8x10 are even quite passable for wall decor prints.
core is offline   Reply With Quote