Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Color Laser Printers

Old Jun 7, 2005, 2:36 PM   #1

I need a printer that will print quality invitations, note cards, and greeting cards for my business. I do not know if I need a laser or ink jet. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
:-)
Lori
LoriC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 9, 2005, 1:17 AM   #2

If your application is very clear for invitations, note cards, and greeting cards. Decide what paper you want and use your paper with same image to test and compare printers. You will have conclusion. Do not select printer at first!
kolorwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 10:59 PM   #3

Laser printers are typically faster and cost per page is lower than ink jet printers. Lasers have really come down in price. If you print fairly large numbers of invitations, cards, etc., you will probably find that 1) your job will be finished quicker with a laser and 2) the cost per print will be much lower.
Walter C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 6:24 PM   #4

I need to purchase a color laser printer that
will handle thick stock -- cover stock such as 80Ib cover stock.
Please what printer should I buy?
Thanks Kemo
kemodigital@yahoo.com
kemodigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2005, 7:50 PM   #5

Corresponding to 80lb, it is around 115 g / sq meter. You may change "paper type " on laser printer from default "common paper" to "106 ~ 163 g/m2" before printing. This setting is possible to slow down printing speed and increase toner density via color saturation of printing quality as well. You may try and compare both printing quality on "common" and "106 ~ 163 g/m2" by yourself.

Due to slow down the printing speeding, it is not necessary to invest more money to buy high speed printer. Fast transmitting image file through communication networking is necessary.

If the printing application for card printing, 80lb paper printed bycommon laser printer is acceptable such as HP 2600n. If for photographic application, 80lb paper is not enough.

The key point still is the coating material on the 80lb paper. Is it possible to be melted-down when the paper passes through fuser with 200 degree C heating temperature? The other problem is the coating material on the paper is able to catch ton

Norman

kolorwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 1:12 AM   #6

Hi Norman,

I think what Kemo means is 80# cover weight, not bond weight. An 80# cover is a common weight in the U.S. and is 216gsm. HP's Glossy Photo Laser Paper (220gsm coated two sides, Q6608A) will run on the CLJ2550, 2600, and up. The CLJ2600 even has a HP Color Laser Photo Paper,glossy mode for this paper. -mark-
mprichar is offline   Reply With Quote