Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Color Laser Printers

Old Feb 21, 2006, 7:04 AM   #1

I have some covers with shades of green and yellow and a logo that has a soft green background that I've printed many times. Now the backgrounds appear more blue than green. My configuration page shows Black = 94%, Cyan = 60%, Magenta = 72%, Yellow= 42%. I don't know colors well enough to know what toner cartridge may be causing this problem.

I went to the Minolta site to try to get some help. I did download the most recent driver for this printer.

Can anyone offer any other troubleshooting I could do?
valleywoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2006, 1:38 PM   #2

Hello, I thought that maybe there was some weakness in the yellow output that would cause the difficulties with green. Are the yellow parts of your page printed with the correct density?

Do you have a color calibration utility that you can run, either to solve the problem, or confirm a weakness in the print engine's output?

tomcat5470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:24 PM   #3

I own a Minolta QMS 2300W and only had this kind of problems when I changed the Color Matching setting on the printer's property page. The status you posted above is only the status of your toner cartridges, not how the printer is set up to print colors. I'd only expect to see toner problems if the capacity was showing less than 10 - 15 %.

If I were you, I'd check to see if any of the printer setup parameters have been changed. I've found that I get the best green matching using the following setting in the printer properties:

Graphics: Colormetric
Text: Perceptual

If I'm trying to print photos or other mixed color media, I'll use Perceptual for all the settings.

Hope this helps.
Kitster is offline   Reply With Quote