Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Color Laser Printers

Old Mar 22, 2006, 10:21 AM   #1

Hi to all, I am think of getting a color laser printer, i have used ink-jets up to this point. (Note I have reloaded the cartriges myself) My current printer is a canon i850, it started to produce bad prints.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"So my question is which printer would you recomment and why? How may print do you get from the toner cartriges? How long will can it sit without printing and still print with no problem? Any other imformation that you can give is appricated. Would like a starting price of about #400.00 up to around $700.00. The printer is for home use only, pictures are improtant. (doe it itake special paper for picutres, like ink-jets?) Will laser print edge to edge? like canon printer will. :?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"How thick of paper will a laser jet print on?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Final question are the laser ready to replace the ink-jets?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks to all who repily. :-)

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"gean

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
gean d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2006, 8:08 AM   #2

Color laser will not replace inkjet for quality photos. I have tried. The major difficulty I experienced is that, in dark areas, the toner fuses to an almost gloss finish, while the lighter areas remain matte. The look is not pleasing ( to me, anyway).

If you inkjet is not producing acceptable results, the problem may be due to non-factory ink, or the paper you use, or compatibility between them.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote