Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Color Laser Printers

Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:57 PM   #1

I am looking for a high end color laser that will print 11x17. I will use it for other business uses, and therefore can justify the cost. Does anyone have recommendations for this level printer. I know ttere are many on the market in the $1k-$6k price rasnge, but have had a hard time finding reliable photo-related recommendations.

Thanks
ccclapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 6, 2006, 2:12 AM   #3

Thanks Kolorwell

There are a little too highend ;-)

I think my post was unclear. I was looking for very good color laser 11x17 printers in the $1k-$6k range. I dont expect this to be a perfect photo printer, but I know several in this range (upper end of range) are pretty good for photography and offer some color management.

Now that I am more clear, what do you suggest I look at?

Caleb
Old Jun 8, 2006, 1:14 AM   #4

Sorry, I made misunderstanding. You need A3 size printer. Typical A3 printer is possible to provide 3,600 or 4,800 dpi printing quality but PostScript printing language[/b] is necessary for photographic printing. Memory capacity is very important if you want to print high quality image from large image file for full A3 printing area[/b]. The printing speed is also needed to consider if you need mass printing during short time.

By the way, I have no idea about the thickness about your paper. Increase paper thickness (wieght)will make printing color quality become very white, particular for photographic application, because toner can not transfer to paper completely. You must be carefully!

Norman

kolorwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2006, 7:44 AM   #5

Thank you Norman wor your experienced words of wisdom.

Do you know any makes/models you would recommend? Do you know of an knowledgable reseller to refer me to, who is experienced with color laser for photography (and other uses)?

Caleb
Old Jun 8, 2006, 8:57 PM   #6

My concerning is going to print photography by entry-level laser printer such as HP 2605, Konica Minolta 2430DL and 2450 or MFP due to some laser printers are starting toinvolve photographic application such as HP 2605dtn has image memory card interface and Konica Minolta 24XXoffers PictBridge function though USB connection to print without PC. However, they are A4 size printer.

Basically, I believe the performance of A3 printer is better than A4 printer with high resolution printing quality, high speed printing, large memory capacity, PostScript printing languageeven 8 bits deeply gray level and so on.

As I know, not too much people focus to photography printed by laser printer at this moment due to Inkject printing still is main stream. You may refer to these web pages for more information:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=53181&forum_id=91

http://www.alibaba.com/catalog/11012456/product.html?f=myalibaba

Norman
kolorwell is offline   Reply With Quote