Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Computers and Operating Systems

Old Feb 24, 2010, 11:03 PM   #1

Default Blue Ray Burners and Discs

Wondering if any one out there is usings a Blue-Ray Burner 25GB or 50GB version and burning to Blue Ray Discs?

I am looking at getting one in the future -- how soon depends on what info I get and pricing to put full weddings on as well as my older archived stuff to clear up space. Hoping to get an external so I can use it on my laptop as I have yet to see anything that work internal on a laptop.

What are you using?
How are the discs holding up?
Where do you buy your discs and how much per disc?

Any other issues or comments.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:09 PM   #2

First you have to decide what BD drive you want, a good place to look is newegg.com where I bought most of my burners. I have not yet owned a BD burner, but I will soon buy one as soon my new 47" HD TV comes in next week. Currently, I am just using DVD burners to back up my files as well a movie or two. There is a big difference in price between BD burner and DVD burners. Typically you can buy a decent DVD burner from $20 to $30. I bought an Asus (boxed) DVD burner from newegg.com for $10 after rebate. The cheapest Bd burner is around $150 and the more expensive one is around $350. Here is the link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...TabStoreType=1
You can take a look and do some research on other websites by looking at the reviews. From what I have seen so far on newegg's website, the 2 LG burners looks pretty good to me. The cheaper one with 2 mb cache costs only $149 gets real good reviews from their their users. This may be the one I will get later.
WCKSer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2010, 6:59 PM   #3

Thanks or the info..... I am mainly looking for first hand reports from users who have used blue ray burners to get therir thoughts and feedback

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote