Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Computers and Operating Systems

Old Apr 13, 2010, 1:19 PM   #1

Default Fonts in blog postings

Some web sites let posters select different fonts by clicking on the font they want (as does Steves) - e.g. if I want the word red to appear as red I just click on the appropriate button shown above.

But what if I have to supply the HTML code myself? I know how to do it to make text appear in italics, or in bold - but how is it done to make text display in red? Presumably something needs to be inserted between these indicators - < > - before and after the text concerned - but what?
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2010, 1:27 PM   #2
Administrator

I don't think with we HTML enabled, so your best bet is to use bbcode tags instead (which is the way you do the same thing with most forum software like we use). Here's a page showing common bbcode tags (and you can click on a link by each of them to see examples):

http://www.bbcode.org/reference.php
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 3:00 PM   #3
Administrator

P.S.

If you are using the Advanced mode when typing or editing a post and click on the (switch mode) icon in the right hand corner, then you can see the bbcode tags used in your post (but, you'll need to click that icon again to go back to WYSIWYG view of the post).

I use bbcode tags on a regular basis when posting on forums like this one (as most popular forums software like vBulletin, phpBB, wowBB and others support bbcode tags).
Old Apr 13, 2010, 3:12 PM   #4

Thanks, Jim. I'll give it a try.
Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2010, 3:15 PM   #5
Administrator

BTW, it looks like the Posting section of the FAQ here also has a link showing commonly used bbcode tags. See this page:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/misc.php?do=bbcode