Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Old Jul 31, 2009, 4:30 PM   #1
Default Photo of the Day - Comments

This may have been brought up before but I was hoping we could comment or have a thread started for some of the photo of the day entries. The reason I ask is I would be interested in asking some of the photographers about the picture. I assume since I couldn't comment on the thread you have turned it off for a reason but I figured it is worth a shot.

Specifically the photo from today of the F-22. It is a great picture and I would really like to hear how or from where it was taken.

Either way it is an awesome photo as all of the entries are and would be interesting discussion topics....

Last edited by Muschnick; Jul 31, 2009 at 5:16 PM.
Muschnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2009, 4:10 AM   #2

The first 3 forums listed in the Welcome Center section (A Word from Steve's, Photo of the Day Contest, Steve's Latest Reviews) do not allow member replies.

The way the forums are setup now, new posts force threads to go to the top of the list of threads within a specific forum, which would throw off the sort order (and that forum is designed to let someone easily find the DPOTD by date).

We've determined that we could allow replies without impacting sort order with the new software. But, because that could make it more confusing to members (since they wouldn't see threads that have new replies go the top of the threads list), we haven't taken that step. Also, keep in mind that the submitter of an entry for DPOTD may not always be a forum member here.

We'll keep your suggestion in mind for future forum layout changes. In the interim, if you want to contact the photographer, just click on their name in the post showing a winning entry, and you'll see that it's a link to their e-mail address.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2009, 7:33 PM   #3

Thanks Jim, I appreciate the response!

I completely understand the logistics and concern the photographer wouldn't want their picture commented on.

Thanks for the consideration, certainly not a must have
Muschnick is offline   Reply With Quote