Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Old Aug 31, 2009, 11:20 AM   #1
Default In praise of Steve's digicams and sites like it

I have not long ago started a thread on camera recall and I would like to point out something that might be overlooked by anyone who has grown up in the IT era. I am sure that these recalls etc are generated by the fact that people now have the access to this and sites like it. I have lost count over the years, how many times dealers/manufacturers of a variety of products have tried to fob me off with the old line" we have never had this problem before and we have sold 100s/1000s of them" or "yours is the first complaint we have ever had" Not anymore,why? because IMHO through sites like this equipment problems/faults travel like a bush fire.That I think is why the manufacturers/dealers pre empt problems with recalls. Well done lads and strength to your elbows.
deadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 31, 2009, 12:21 PM   #2

deadshot, thanks for the kind words! We are glad to have been able to serve you, and hope to continue to do so in the future.

That's what our forum community is here for, to help one another out. Whether you need help with shooting tips, a camera purchase, or technically difficulties, there's someone here that can assist you.

All the best,

billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2009, 8:32 PM   #3

+1. I'm learning a lot here. Thanks Billy, JimC and all the good will people here!
Ordo is offline   Reply With Quote