Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Old Sep 19, 2009, 4:00 AM   #1
Default new site does not work

For years I visited steves digicams but since the site has been renewed my computer locks up when I try to visit your site. I think I am not the only one because I own a very normal computer (AMD processor, 2GB memory and Windows XP sp2). It does not matter how I log in: the first page or somewhere else, as soon as a page of steves digicams is on my screen my computer locks up and I have to reset it. My computer is very stable and it happens only on your site. And no, I will not install Vista or Windows 7. I hope you will do something about it because I like steves digicams very much, and at least over here most people still work with XP.

Henk van Roekel,
The Netherlands.
henk van roekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2009, 8:14 AM   #2

Welcome. I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties.

I just tried an older desktop PC I've got with XP Pro installed with 1GB of RAM in it, and it seems to work fine with Firefox here. I've never bothered to upgrade that older PC with a newer version of IE, but it's working fine with IE 6 when browsing this site, too.

I tend to use Firefox under Linux most of the time. But, I've had no issues when trying IE (either an older version like IE 6 under XP, or a newer version under Vista). Firefox also works fine in multiple operating systems for me (XP, Vista, Linux).

You may want to try a different browser (for example, the free Firefox) and/or upgrade the browser you're using to a newer version (for example, IE 7/8; or Firefox 3.5.3) and see if that makes any difference. Here are a few download links:

IE 7

IE 8

You could also have a browser plugin or addon (Flash, Silverlight, Quicktime, etc.) causing some kind of a conflict. So, you may want to try disabling some of your plugins (and/or upgrade all of them to the latest versions) and see if one of them is causing your lockup problems.

I'd also try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. How to do that would depend on the browser you're using (IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.).
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2009, 9:12 AM   #3

Google has a page on how to clear cache and cookies with many popular browsers here:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote