Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Old Jan 2, 2010, 4:14 PM   #1
Default Thanks for the new forums

I am enjoying the new photo forums already. Will have to now go out and shoot some things for them. I think the Computers and OS forum may prove useful as well, particularly when I need to replace my old box.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2010, 4:39 PM   #2

Shhh! Someone might notice and want us to add 10 more new forums.

It's always tough to decide what to add, even though we've received a lot of good suggestions from members over time, since anytime a new forum is added, it can impact page load times, bandwidth used, server resources and more (and make it more confusing to members to decide where to post a question or comment about a given subject).

But, as popular as HDR imaging is now, it really makes sense to add a forum specific to it. Ditto for a dedicated forum to discuss Computer related hardware (including displays, operating systems and storage media), since larger file sizes from newer cameras, and more advanced image processing techniques, can require more advanced hardware to process those images. Requests for a forum specific to transportation related photos (cars, trucks, planes, trains, etc.) has also been one of the more frequently requested additions. Now, we have one.

I'm glad you like the additions.

Thanks for commenting.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote