Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Old Mar 4, 2010, 9:33 AM   #1
Default New site design, but where are the search options?

Hi team,
I visited your site again after more than a year's absence (found the perfect camera) and wanted to search for a new camera. The new site design is attractive and probably leads to better revenues, but what happend to the camera selection tables?
Example: I want to search for a compact video/photo camera with over 7 Mpx, digital zoom 7x or larger, with 720p mjpeg capture at 30 fps, image stabilization, full stereo audio recording, using SD cards up to 32GB.
Your old site allowed me to browse through tables that contained these items. Your new site only has a rudimentary search capability in the compare prices section. Based on the criteria you get a long list of cameras with incomplete details. Selecting all for comparison does not fit the screen, so the result is a cumbersome selection process. When can you add more selection criteria to this list (or allow for wider comparison list)?
Cheers, Pazzo
Pazzoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:40 AM   #2

Yes, the tables were one way to approach it. But, at the same time, there are so many new camera models coming out now, that it's becoming more difficult for someone to look through a table to find what they're looking for.

As you've already noticed, the Compare Prices menu choice does give you some search options (Manufacturer, Megapixels, Stabilization options, LCD Size, Weight, Memory Card type and more). We also have some columns in the lists of the reviews here now for things like Megapixels, Zoom and more.

Of course, even more options would be ideal. So, we will certainly keep user suggestions in mind when making changes and enhancements going forward.

Thanks for taking the time to post some feedback on this subject.

By the way, Welcome to the Forums. If you're camera shopping now, you may also want to post a note with some detail on what you're looking for in our What Camera Should I Buy Forum, so that other members here can help out with your search.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote