Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:53 PM   #1
Default Canon A640 Review (Date not known)

Steve's review of the Canon A640 (date unknown) also reviews an EOS utility that permits tethered or remote capture with the Canon A640. Review shows screens, etc.

I am no able to find the existence or availability of this utility. I would love to purchase the utility if available.

Can somebody direct me to a source for a Canon utility that will allow me to capture images remotely and store them on my computer as shown in Steve's review?
Len Coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2011, 5:56 PM   #2

Hey Len.

Welcome to Steve's

I don't have that camera model. But, I'll take a shot at answering your question.

Your Canon model should have included a software CD that contained the EOS Utility Software and Drivers including Zoom Browser and Remote Capture. So, I'd install the software from CD.

If for some reason you don't have it, try going to this page and plug in your Operating System. I see a Zoom Browser Application listed (shown as ZoomBrowser EX 6.6.0b Application) which will need to be installed before you can install any updates to it. Hopefully, it will also contain the rest of the software that came on the CD. If not, you may need to contact Canon if you can't find the software that came with your camera:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote