Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Old Oct 13, 2011, 5:15 PM   #1
Default Tapatalk?

A few months ago there was some talk about implementing Tapatalk for the tablet users. Any word on where we're at with it?
Gary ---- "The best camera is the one you have with you."
Pentax K-3 ~ Panasonic FZ1000 ~ Panasonic ZS40
My Gallery

Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2011, 10:07 AM   #2

Hey Gary. I'm assuming you mean this thread:

Keep in mind that vBulletin (the forums software we use here), is a division of Internet Brands (our parent company)

A new product called the vBulletin Mobile Suite was launched earlier this year, in order to address the needs of mobile users. See this page about vBulletin products and you'll see the Mobile Suite features in the right hand column of the main vBulletin site page:

Also keep in mind that the Content Management System used by Steve's main site and forums is built by the Internet Brand Developers using the many of the same tools offered in the vBulletin product line. Note the resemblance of the screen captures on this page to our main site and forums:

So, I feel confident we'll see some of the newer mobile suite features here at some point in the not too distant future, as the Internet Brand developers work to integrate more functionality for mobile users into the customized version of software used by Steve's. The Internet Brands developers roll out updates to our software periodically to improve the site, once new features are integrated and tested (and there are some mobile related options already built into some of the newer vBulletin 4.x versions)

Of course, the sooner the better from my perspective, as being able to access the forums more easily without using a larger device would be nice to have when I'm on the road.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote