Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Old Sep 20, 2012, 6:01 PM   #1
Default Removing Kodak EasyShare

There hasn't been any recent posting on the Kodak EasyShare forum so I thought I'd try here.

Basically, it opens up every time I restart the computer, it's hard to close out, and when I go to Add/Remove programs, there isn't an option to uninstall it. I did a search for all Kodak files and there's no option there either.

So, can someone please help me remove this program off my computer?

Thank you
kodakeasysharehelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 22, 2012, 3:29 PM   #2

Depending upon how computer savvy you are ... you can do this yourself -or- get a friend to help
Go to 'start' > in the 'search' box type MSCONFIG > 'start-up-programs' ... and untick the easyshare auto-startup option > 'save' and restart your computer

Regards, Phil
Has Fuji & Lumix superzoom cameras and loves their amazing capabilities
Google me at Travelling School of Photography Australia
Recent images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/ozzie_traveller/sets/
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 7:54 PM   #3
Default transferring albums and captions from Easyshare

On a related topic, since Kodak has deep-sixed Easy Share software, I am trying to figure how to transfer the thousands of photos I have catalogued in albums and captioned to an alternate program without spending the rest of my life rewriting captions There are two files in the bin subdirectory of the easy share software Easyshare.me and Easyshare.mm which contain all the album and catalog info and which I used to use to transfer the data from one computer to the next when I was still able to download another copy of EasyShare software. Now that this is no longer available, is there a program which can transfer the info on albums and captioning to some other photo album program so I dont have to recaption thousands of photos manually?

Alternately is there some reliable way of downloading a working copy of the Easyshare software from somewhere other than Kodak so I can at least put off the evil day for a few years. Help!
reuven-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:57 AM   #4

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:17 PM   #5

There are a number of links like that, which go directly to Kodak and none of them work anymore. It hangs up when the download is supposed to start- probably because Kodak removed the main file
reuven-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 4:23 PM   #6

right usualy when a program has no unistaller what you do is put the disk back in and run the install again, and instead of installing it should give you three options, repair, modify and uninstall.
just click unistall and it should get rid
kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote