Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Welcome Center > Contact Steve's

Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:13 PM   #1
Default Recover accidently deleted photos from Nikon s8100

I am slightly stressed. It seems that my most current pics are deleted from my camera. How? I do not know! After I returned from my trip I went to download them to my computer and found them all gone. I would like to know if it is possible to recover them. Could you assist me or point me a link that could help me?
oneoldwiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2015, 6:28 AM   #2

Try taking a look here:http://forums.steves-digicams.com/me...rd-readers-51/
There is quite a lot of information. If you haven't stored any new photos on the card, there is a good chance of recovering your pictures.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2015, 7:42 AM   #3

See this thread:

Recovering Images or Video from Memory Cards

It's a "Sticky" thread you'll see when viewing the posts in the forum that VTphotog (Brian) just linked to.

In fact, it was Brian's idea to have a Sticky thread discussing image recovery, since it's a problem that many people will have from time to time.

The first post in that thread goes into the use of Photorec in a lot of detail (my favorite product for image recovery, as it has loads of options and can work with media that has a badly damaged file system by searching the media for file headers and using data carving techniques; and it's available for multiple operating systems like Windows, OS X and Linux).

But, you'll also find links in that post to some good products with a Graphical User Interface. For example, you can use ZAR (Zero Assumption Recovery) at no charge for Image Recovery purposes (but it's Windows only). See this page about it:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote