Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy

Old Dec 6, 2006, 1:21 AM   #1

Well I shocked the heck out of myself a couple of times, but that ole click, grind problem is gone. Hopefully for good. Took a few pics and it seems to be working just fine. Gonna hook it up to the scope tomorrow and see how she does. So much for th(with accessories of course)e $500 paperweight Too bad I couldn't have had it fixed before I left for Africa a couple of months ago. Oh well.It's working now though. Thanks for everyone's help. Withoutthe encouragement of the members around here, I would have never even tried to fix it myself. Thanks Everyone and Holiday Greetings to ALL!!
Bayoublaster400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2007, 10:31 AM   #2

I have exactly the same problem with my CP4500, which has sat in a drawer for two years. I would love to know where you found the guide for this repair that you mentioned previously. Can you share this info, or at least point me in the right direction? I have a "repair" manual for a CP950 (basically dissasembly/reassembly instructions with some test instructions), a very similar camera, and have found (but not purchased) on-line manuals for the CP4500 for a small price.

I have resisted the urge to open the CP4500 and see what I can do. Your experience suggests this might be a good idea.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TIA.

Dave
milstonelab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:44 AM   #3

As soon as I get back home, I will send you the info I have. It's on my personal labtop and right now I'm about 150 miles offshore on a oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico. But I will send you the info. Wish I would have had my other camera to have taken pictures of what I did when I did it.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:47 AM   #4

As soon as I get back home, I will send you the info I have. It's on my personal labtop and right now I'm about 150 miles offshore on a oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico. But I will send you the info. Wish I would have had my other camera to have taken pictures of what I did when I did it.
Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:47 AM   #5

Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:48 AM   #6

Old Jun 16, 2007, 11:51 AM   #7

Old Jun 17, 2007, 8:21 PM   #8

Thanks! I'll look for your information. It would be great to resurrect the ol' CP 4500!

Dave
Old Jul 3, 2007, 4:27 AM   #9

When will you return from the Gulf? If I know when you will return I can stop rechecking this forum until that time arrives.

Looking forward to your response.

TIA.

Dave
Old Jul 5, 2007, 8:30 PM   #10

Well I made it back in. If I can help Ya out, I'll try.