Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy

Old Jul 6, 2003, 3:33 AM   #1

Default SKYWATCHER 90mm Refractor

I have access to one of these and we've done a lot of astrophotography with 3 different 35mm SLRs.

Now, does anyone know if I can obtain either a 52mm or a 55mm adapter for this scope (i've tried to contact my vendor of the scope and they haven't gotten back to me yet) that will allow me to utilize my 52mm adapter ring for my digicam?

I've wanted to see if I could take pictures with the digicam, cause I believe it would be cool. The camera can take up to 15sec exposures so I should be able to at least get some sorta image out of them. *hopefully*

Thanx!
Gimli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2003, 9:15 PM   #2

Ok I took this picture with the above telescope and my digicam.

We could not find our adapter tube for our 35mm SLRs so I held the camera up to the eye peice while viewing the moon.

It was overcast and I also was playing around with the ISO of the camera. This shot being the better of them all and at ISO 200.

Yes its "noisy" :P

Gimli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2003, 12:49 AM   #3

I don't know if it would have helped, but look into using the program "neat image" (www.neatimage.com) it is amazingly good at removing digital noise. You'll be shocked at how well it works.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote