Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy

Old Jul 23, 2003, 6:44 PM   #1

Default EagleEye's new generic cable-release adapter

Just got hold of their new cable-release adapter, probably not the most exciting bit of digiscoping equipment in the world, but still important.... review and photo of it here http://www.digiscoped.com/optionalex...ml#anchor_3555

Also got the EagleEye DS eyepiece, mainly aimed at videoscoping (only 10-12x on most 80mm scopes) but allows a greater variety of cameras to be used without serious vignetting. Huge eye-relief and ridiculous depth of field available (when digiscoping!), also edge to edge clarity in the photos due to the flat lens design (unlike most scope eyepieces that are designed for the eye).
Andy
Andybrightuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 23, 2003, 9:06 PM   #2

And here I was thinking I would have to go wireless.

Humm... I'll have to add that to my list of "ways to solve the shutter problem." Using your finger is going to cause too many shakes, so I'll have to deal with that soon after I get my setup.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2003, 12:43 PM   #3

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the great info! Looking forward to seeing some shots with the new eyepiece. It looks like the CP4500 is getting hard to find - hopefully Nikon will continue it or produce something else with similar characteristics. I'm going to have to buy a few of them for "spares" if they stop production - HA!

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2003, 5:23 PM   #4

Production has stopped on the 4500. If you can get your hands on them, do it now.

I hope they do make another camera like it... I'd seriously consider buying one.

Eric
eric s is offline   Reply With Quote