Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy

Old Jul 28, 2002, 3:13 PM   #1

Default A couple of UK rarities! Great Egret and Stilt Sand

Great White Egret at Radipole Weymouth Dorset UK, and Stilt Sandpiper at Pennington, East Dorset UK are a couple of UK rarities.

Egret shot at 2500mm at 1/250th with AF manual select.

Stilt Sandpiper shot also at 1/250 but 4500mm. Still getting a lot of camera shake on this picture even with a release cable. Do you think that I will ever do better?
ChrisCourtauxuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 29, 2002, 2:27 PM   #2

The Great White Egret looks fabulous, no problems there.
The Stilt Sandpiper (great bird) looks as if you cranked up the iso? Still think your focus hit low and not a particularly shakey image...got a feeling there's plenty of heat haze with this one as well. Slightly under-exposed bird...so if you're working with area zone metering it would indicate a miss. A great capture though, no matter what the quality.
Regards,
Andy B.
btw. Glad you got the release cable, somehow makes taking the pics more relaxing? Operate the plunger with your mouth and you can have hands free for panning and scope focus (not approved by the British dental association!)
Andybrightuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2002, 1:45 AM   #3

Default Yes ISO at 400 in a heat haze

Well spotted Andy - iso set at 400 and there was a heat haze.

You are right taking pictures with the release is much more relaxing, not tried the aural technique yet.

Thanks for the comment on focus, I need to find a method to fine focus the picture.
ChrisCourtauxuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2002, 8:41 AM   #4

Hi Chris,
You can't bet anything passed Andy, he's right on top of this one! HA! I'll be Andy's got stock in a company which specializes in enamel repair or "caps" for dental repairs....

Actually, you may be able to salvage the Sandpiper if you try Neat Image noise removal. Here's a link to their forum. I find it can help if not overdone:

http://neatimage.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general

Best regards,

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote