Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy

Old Jul 31, 2002, 9:26 PM   #1

Default Digiscoping with sony f707???

Anyone know of suitable scopes or monoculars for sucessful digiscoping on a sony f707? Couldn't find anything suitable due to the large 58mm lens thread. Please kindly advice if any. Thanks.
macca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2002, 8:35 AM   #2

Hi Macca,
There isn't too much available to facilitate using the larger lens cameras with telescopes except for celestial photos where vignetting is masked by the blackness of the night sky.

In order to connect the F707 you would need one of the largest ocular eyepieces which are presently being developed by a couple companies. As an F707 owner, I finally gave up trying to use it for digiscoping and stayed with the small lens Nikons. It's probably going to be more rewarding and cheaper in the long run for you to pick up a used CP950 or CP990 than to "swim upstream" and have to battle the elements of trying to retro-fit the F707 for a task it's reall ill suited to.

Best regards,

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2002, 1:17 AM   #3

Default There are some options.

I use a Scopetronix Adaptaview U and 8" Celestron Sc telescope. There is some vignetting but crop. This is eyepiece projection. Others on my site.

http://www.fototime.com/inv/8F77C555041245D

Rodger is offline   Reply With Quote