Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy

Old Aug 9, 2009, 7:27 PM   #1

Default Bushnell Spacemaster + camera mount + Pentax adapter...

Hi.
I have what I believe is the original Bushnell Spacemaster scope with a 15-45x eye piece.
I also go my hands on the original Bushnell Camera Mount (22-3025) and Bushnell Camera Body Adapter for Pentax K (20-0007).

The problem is now what?
I can attach the camera mount to the scope and the Pentax adapter to the camera mount. Then attach my Pentax (digital and/or film) camera to the contraption.
But that would make it a camera attached to a 60mm scope...not much use there.

Am I correct to think that the camera mount is to go over the eye piece? Just asking because the eye piece is too large to do that. In which case, what do I do? How am I supposed to use the camera mount?

Thanks.
peppermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2009, 10:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermonkey View Post
Am I correct to think that the camera mount is to go over the eye piece? Just asking because the eye piece is too large to do that. In which case, what do I do? How am I supposed to use the camera mount?
Thanks.
You are correct - the adapter fits over an eyepiece, but not the zoom one. You need to get a 15X or 20X eyepiece to interchange with your zoom - those are shorter and narrower and better suited to digiscoping than the zoom. The adapter is calibrated for 15, 20, and 25X lenses - it is not intended for zooms. IMO the lower power eyepieces are better, as they have larger exit pupils - the 25X EP is simply too small (2.4mm - 20X is 3mm and 15X is 4mm).

Last edited by penolta; Aug 20, 2009 at 10:38 PM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 5:33 PM   #3

Thanks for the info.
I'm not sure I'll be able to find these eyepieces but I'll start my search for one.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
You are correct - the adapter fits over an eyepiece, but not the zoom one. You need to get a 15X or 20X eyepiece to interchange with your zoom - those are shorter and narrower and better suited to digiscoping than the zoom. The adapter is calibrated for 15, 20, and 25X lenses - it is not intended for zooms. IMO the lower power eyepieces are better, as they have larger exit pupils - the 25X EP is simply too small (2.4mm - 20X is 3mm and 15X is 4mm).
peppermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote