Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy

Old Jun 12, 2002, 8:29 PM   #11

All I have to say is "very cool"....my fix length Nikon CP700 was able to take a photo of the top of a telephone pole across a field, and on the other side of a road from my home window. I got home a bit late and it was a little dark. Must try again when I have some daylight. The picture was a little blurry but I bet if I had some daylight I'd get the picture.

hummmm...the picture area that I get is a small circle almost touching the top and bottom of the frame and the rest is black. If some light would render a sharp image, I'd be happy.

Got a couple of questions...I know how the step up ring is gonna fit on the camera, but how am I going to afix the stepup ring to/over the eyepiece? What am I missing? and re: the ETX-90, I can't seem to find it any less then $350 to $400. Should I be able to find it for under $200?
tmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2002, 7:59 AM   #12

Default Vignetting, etc...

The "circle" with black is called "vignetting" pronounced - venyetting - and if you buy the "steady pix" you won't need the step-up ring. When you use a dedicated eyepiece like the William Optics 24mm, the eyepiece itself has a thread to mate to the stepup ring. That is, the ocular side of the eyepiece is threaded.

Keep looking, the ETX-90 is definitely sometimes available for about $190.

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote