Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy

Old Aug 7, 2002, 12:44 PM   #1

Default Monitor shade/loupe for cp4500 (1.99)

I had a go at getting a monitor shade/2x loupe to fit the new cp4500's lcd. Didn't want to tear up my Extend-a-view pro, so I purchased the Jessops slide viewer (JESSV1) at a bank manager/ girlfriend pleasing price of 1.99. I'm sure these devices are available from camera stores throughout the world.....certainly the Spanish digiscopers seem to have found them in their shops.
5 minutes with a craft knife, hacksaw or file will have it ready for use (fat fingered digiscopers may need to cut away more plastic) A thin strip of Velcro will secure it to you camera, as the slide viewer is so light. Regards,
Andy Bright,
London

Andybrightuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 7, 2002, 3:26 PM   #2

Hi Andy,
Looks like a pretty great interim solution! Phil Williams (PhotoSolve) has a mini-Xtend-a-View under development for the CP4500, but it will be a few weeks or even a couple months before it's ready. This should get people by until then!

Thank's for the details!

Best regards,

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2002, 4:01 PM   #3

Hi Lin,
Interesting news about the mini Xtend-a-view. It's hard to imagine that it would be much different to the slide viewer in use, though obviously far better build.
I've added the rubber eye-cup of the Xtend-a-view pro to the slide viewer, just to make it more comfortable on the eye.
Regards,
Andy B,
London
Andybrightuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2002, 6:10 PM   #4

Hi Andy,
A bit different in that it won't cover the microphone/speaker or obstruct any of the buttons, but mainly it will be appearance, fit and finish. How it mounts is yet to be determined - it's still in the Alpha developement stage, but everything should go very fast once the fit is finished.

Best regards,

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote