Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy

Old May 22, 2010, 8:50 AM   #1

Default There is no such thing as a Pentax to Nikon adapter?

I spent weeks getting the runaround from Pentax dealers in North America. (US and Canada). I knew that there HAD to be an adapter to mount a Nikon D-300 to the Pentax scope. They all denied that such an adapter even existed. Finally, I discovered that Pentax does indeed make such a mount, but it's only sold in Asia and Europe. I had to purchase mine from Germany, and at a higher cost than if it were available here. Anyway, here it is, along with a quick photo I took last night. (I will be shooting mostly birds with this setup)

http://www.mywvhome.com/web/pentaxscope.htm
wvsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 22, 2010, 2:26 PM   #2

Looks like a great set up. Happy bird shooting!

("Wyoming-Forever West")
apjar307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2010, 5:43 PM   #3

You probably could have gotten this at B&H. They have many third party companies that make universal and specific scope adapters...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/T-...4/N/4294541811

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2010, 3:42 PM   #4

Any examples of bird photographs with this Nikon-Pentax set up. It looks real good, would be nice to see how it works with some images.
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2010, 1:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesmore49 View Post
Any examples of bird photographs with this Nikon-Pentax set up. It looks real good, would be nice to see how it works with some images.
The Nikon aspect doesn't really matter, unless one thinks Nikons are not capable of taking good images. The question is, "How good is a Pentax scope?"

Personally I have no idea, but no doubt there are plenty of reviews on line.

Dave
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2010, 8:50 PM   #6

I can honestly say that without doubt that the Pentax scopes have excellent optics and he should have no problem taking great photos with his setup. I say this because I have a similar setup in which I use a Pentax scope, 20 mm long eye relief wide view eye piece, along with a adapter for my Olympus E-620 and the pictures taken with it are (in my opinion) sharper than that of my Sigma Bigma. Congrats on getting it all together. One question I just have to know the answer to and that is, what is the part number for the Pentax adapter?
Bayoublaster400 is offline   Reply With Quote