Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy

Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:09 AM   #1

Default canon eos 600d and revelation scope ?

Hi all I have just bought a Revelation scope 12-36 x50 my first scope and i'm please with the sharp crisp view, I also own a canon eos 600d and I already have a t adapter and it screws onto the revelation scope perfect, the problem is I can't achieve focus just missing by a small amount, is there any way to achieve focus ? any add on's I can buy to be able to use the camera with the scope.

Many thanks in advance
Tony275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:48 PM   #2

Do you get focus at shorter distances, and only not achieve focus at infinity setting? That is the most common situation. Some T-mount adapters won't allow the scope to screw in far enough. You may need a different adapter, or may be able to modify the one you have. (assuming you do get good focus with the scope eyepiece using it normally)

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:33 PM   #3

Hi thanks for the response, the short answer is no I don't achieve focus even at the shorter distances, I guess i'm unlucky because I also have a skywatcher telescope and I can't achieve focus on that either, I'm thinking that canon are not the best for digiscoping or astrophotography.
Can you reccomend a compact camera that would work with my digiscope.

Thanks Tony
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:11 AM   #4

If you can't focus at any distance, it may be that the T-mount is allowing the scope to be too close to the sensor. Try unscrewing it a bit at a time and re-checking.

If the images aren't too badly out of focus, you may be able to fix them with software such as Image Analyzer, or the Topaz InFocus plugin. Image Analyzer is free, and Topaz labs offer a 30 day free trial.
Not sure what to recommend for a compact camera. Try looking through some of the other threads here. I believe you need something with manual focus, but beyond that, I can't say.

brian
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:44 AM   #5

Hi Brian thanks for the reply, I think it might be that it need to get closer to the front, I attach a pic of the eyepi remove and as you can see there is a front piece that goes into the eyepiece, the inside piece is threaded but I have no idea what thread it is.http://forums.steves-digicams.com/at...1&d=1383918232
Attached Images