Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy

Old Mar 18, 2014, 7:24 PM   #1

Default Microscope Camera Information Needed

Hi Everyone,

The attached photos are of a microscope camera (I think it's a Motic) used at work. I'm unable to find receipts or information about it, so I'm hoping someone on this forum can help. I know the camera was bought sometime in 2005 and we use Motic Images Plus Version 2.0 ML software along with a card that inserts into a PCI slot.
We had the whole system working on an XP desktop, but we have moved over to a Windows 7 desktop and I'm having trouble getting it to work.
I think I probably need some new drivers, but Iím not sure where to find them. I know this may be a long shot, but any assistance would be appreciated very much!!

Thanks!!
Attached Images

czack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2014, 8:05 AM   #2

It is possible you could get this to work with Win7 without too much trouble. As long as your PC has a PCI slot, the hardware should be no problem. When installing the software, you will probably need to use the Windows compatibility mode, set to the relevant OS version.
If that doesn't work, there is the possibility, if you have the Win7 Professional edition, to run the PC itself in XP mode, which is a virtual XP OS.
Failing all that, you could update the hardware itself. I did a quick search on Adorama's site and came up with the following: http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/de...roscope+camera
And on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&fiel...tag=mozilla-20
VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote