Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy

Old Jun 24, 2014, 2:25 AM   #1

Default need help with Panasonic dmc-fz35

Hi i own a dmc-fz35. I tried searching every where but i dont know which t-ring will fit my camera. Actually the thing is i want to connect dmc-fz35 to my celestron travel scope 70. I found the t-adapter which is celestron universal 1.25" t-adapter with 2x barrlow lens. But the only thing i am not able to find is the t-ring. I dont see any t-ring for dmc-fz35. And after having the t-ring with this t-adapter will it help me connect my camera to this telescope?? Can someone please help me with this and guide me with the right equipments that i might need to connect my camera to this telescope?

Will this adapter help in any way?? I read on some site that this adapter can fit my camera. So if it can then wont there be anything else that i can connect after this adapter which can help me connect to the celestron universal t-adapter. Then i can connect my camera to this telescope no? Please help someone
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004AC...d_bxgy_p_img_y

Thank you

Last edited by Hina; Jun 24, 2014 at 5:17 AM.
Hina is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 24, 2014, 8:34 PM   #2

G'day Hina

The "T-mount" adaptor can only be used on interchangable-lensed cameras ~ so it's not an option for your FZ35

Have a talk here with "Streets" who knows lots about this type of photography

Hope this helps a bit
Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
G'day Hina

The "T-mount" adaptor can only be used on interchangable-lensed cameras ~ so it's not an option for your FZ35

Have a talk here with "Streets" who knows lots about this type of photography

Hope this helps a bit
Phil
Hey thanks for the reply. I do understand this part. But i wan you to check this site out. In which it shows that there is a ring that can fit my camera. And after having that ring this adapter can also fit my camera. Please check this link

http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digital/fz18/

So after the ring if this panasonic lwm-la3 adapter can fit. Then wont there be some other equipment that can help me connect this panasonic adapter to celestron 1.25" universal t-adapter. If there is anything that can connect this adapter and t-adapter then please tell me or provide me the link for it. It will be a great help.

Thank You
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:43 PM   #4

G'day Hina

Okay - the LA3 adapter you mention is a 55mm diameter tube that allows filters and accessory lenses to be used on the FZ35, without those accessory lenses being located directly onto the actual zoom lens. It things were connected directly onto the zoom lens, the extra weight will burn out the little electric motors that do the zooming etc

I would invite you to look up ...
http://www.eagleoptics.com/digital-camera-adapters

to see if this mob have any ready made adapters that you can use

Hope this helps
Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:27 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie_Traveller View Post
G'day Hina

Okay - the LA3 adapter you mention is a 55mm diameter tube that allows filters and accessory lenses to be used on the FZ35, without those accessory lenses being located directly onto the actual zoom lens. It things were connected directly onto the zoom lens, the extra weight will burn out the little electric motors that do the zooming etc

I would invite you to look up ...
http://www.eagleoptics.com/digital-camera-adapters

to see if this mob have any ready made adapters that you can use

Hope this helps
Phil
Thanks a lot Phil i will definitely check the link. And if i find anything here or any where else then i will definitely let you know. Thank you i really appreciate all your help!!!!!
Old Jul 18, 2014, 10:39 AM   #6

Your camera is not suitable for attaching to a telescope body. It is also not very suitable to attaching to an eypiece on a telescope. Attaching only the body of a camera to a telescope is called "prime focus photography" and not digiscoping. It is called, simply, "telephoto photography".

Digiscoping is attaching a camera lens to a telescope eyepiece and that can be done by either holding the camera to the eyepiece or attaching it to the eyepiece by means of an adapter. It is always advisable to have the diameter of the eyepiece glass to be larger than the glass on the camera.

Your search for a proper T-ring for your fz-35 has no chance at being successful.
100-300mm Minolta Maxxum APO Zoom
70-300 Sony apo G SSM Zoom

Last edited by Streets; Jul 18, 2014 at 10:42 AM.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote