Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy

Old Mar 14, 2004, 6:22 AM   #1

Default Revamped digiscoping website

Hi all, just had a major upgrade of my website, pop along and see what you think. Digiscoped.com
the digiscoping sections have been rationalised and broken down into seperate pages. The bird galleries are off on their own now.
Regards,
Andy
Andybrightuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2004, 11:49 AM   #2

Hi Andy,

Very clear, concise and well ordered revamp! Good job!!

Best regards,

Lin
Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2004, 7:27 PM   #3

Nice job. I did notice one thing:

>>>Pentax 80 ... I'm unaware of any adapters large enough to be used with the zoom eyepiece. <<<

FYI: Scoptronics has a new adapter that they claim will support even VERY large eyepieces.

'Finally... a variable projection adapter large enough to hold ANY eyepiece! The MaxView DSLR will hold any 1.25" eyepiece and the MaxView DSLR II will hold any 1.25" or 2" eyepiece... yes even the huge 31mm Nagler and the 41mm Panoptic! Now you can use your best eyepieces for true variable projection astrophotography ...'

hhttp://www.scopetronics.com/mvdslr.htm
LewTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2004, 12:56 PM   #4

Sorry Lin, missed this one... thanks mate. Hope you're well. Seems to have been a few changes to the layout in the forums since I last looked, message editor seems very comprehensive. Testing a new camera at the moment, seems excellent... Contax SL300R T* Internal focusing lens, 28mm thread adapter comes with the camera... but big thing is 3.5fps without any buffer, just keeps shooting away until your card is full up! Amazing stuff, and shutter-lag is only .07sec.

I may do a seperate thread on it, if you don't mind.... it's a good and available alternative to a cp4500 and a lot easier to use and get good shots. Tiny and sleek thing though, my girlfriend is desperate to have it her handbag!

Regards,

Andy
Old Jul 4, 2004, 12:59 PM   #5

Thanks Lew, I'll update it this week.

LewTwo wrote:
Quote:
Nice job. I did notice one thing:

>>>Pentax 80 ... I'm unaware of any adapters large enough to be used with the zoom eyepiece. <<<

FYI: Scoptronics has a new adapter that they claim will support even VERY large eyepieces.

'Finally... a variable projection adapter large enough to hold ANY eyepiece! The MaxView DSLR will hold any 1.25" eyepiece and the MaxView DSLR II will hold any 1.25" or 2" eyepiece... yes even the huge 31mm Nagler and the 41mm Panoptic! Now you can use your best eyepieces for true variable projection astrophotography ...'

hhttp://www.scopetronics.com/mvdslr.htm
Old Jul 5, 2004, 12:32 AM   #6

Andy,

My feeling is that it seems a littleconfusing that inyour spotting scope summary the Swarovski ATS/STS earns onlyone short paragraph while the Zeiss (which you feel is rather third rate for digiscoping) is granted an expansive five paragraphs.

Dave
Pooperdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2004, 2:25 AM   #7

Third rate? How did you reach that conclusion. I use this scope for most of my digiscoping these days.

The Zeiss 85 got a bigger than usual review as I had to review this scope for a U.K. Birding magazine, so I basically just cut & pasted it into my webpage. To be honest, none of the scopes deserve a great deal of text as they are all much of a muchness at that end of the price range and all suitable for digiscoping.

Regards,

Andy
Old Jul 5, 2004, 8:15 AM   #8

Andy, you do say:

"If I were shooting in bad light conditions for much of the time, the Zeiss would be up there somewhere. Still think the slight lack of contrast via the Zeiss puts it marginally behind the above scopes[Swarovski, Kowa, Leica]for digiscoping."

You do also say that the differences between any of the top scopes is minimal, but still...

Now for me the brightness advantage seemed the most critical, with these silly ISO 100 digicams, so I went with the Zeiss anyway.

Dave
Pooperdog is offline   Reply With Quote