Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Misc Forums > Digiscoping/Digital Photomicroscopy

Old Jun 11, 2004, 3:30 PM   #1

Can anyone give me some help on this. I can't seem to get the center in focus. What I've been doing it setting the shutter speed

to the best I can. Only like 1/20 so it gets enough light, i put a 2 second time on with my tripod to get rid of camera shake. I set

the manual focus on the camera to infinity then adjust the scopes focus ring.. Any other help? Thanks
Ogrt48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 11, 2004, 5:13 PM   #2

It's likely that the camera is going beyond the infinity focus point and that this is where the issue lies. Try using the camera's

autofocus instead of manual focus set to infinity. Let the camera autofocus, then use the timer and see if there is any appreciable difference.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2004, 7:08 PM   #3

Ak, I've been trying all day but I still can't focus good. It looks fine on the lcd but the pics don't come out so well at all..

Here are my best ones sadly. More at http://matt.teptrix.com/images/Canon.../SharpShooter/

Old Jun 11, 2004, 9:24 PM   #4

Looks like motion blur to me. Try setting the shutter at 1/1000th and let autofocus work. Take a couple shots

in the best light you have available with the sun behind you then post them and we can check it. I don't see any

front or rear focus issues so my guess is that since everything looked good on the viewfinder, it's simply motion

blur. Remember, when digiscoping you are shooting at extreme focal lengths and even tiny movement can cause

major blur. A rock solid tripod - even hanging a bag of rocks off the center can help.

Lin

Old Jun 13, 2004, 7:33 PM   #5

Well I think I'm getting better at this, anyone else think so? All taken indoors at about 20 feet.

Old Jun 13, 2004, 8:27 PM   #6

It looks like you're getting the hang of it. When you post the images, try putting them one

under the other to avoid the extreme width. It makes it easier to see them.

Looks good - let's see some more trys out doors!

Lin